#24 The Browser Wars
Web browsers have battled for supremacy for thirty years!
Throughout the three decade history of the Web various browsers have battled for supremacy. In the 1990s it was Netscape Navigator versus Microsoft Internet Explorer. More recently, Google Chrome has dominated Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple's Safari. In this episode we dive into the history of the browser wars. We look at the various periods of web browser development, and identify how one browser's success or failure led to the rise of another. Ultimately we find connections that link every popular browser to every other.
- Episode 6: How does the Web work?
- Tim Berners-Lee via Wikipedia
- WorldWideWeb via Wikipedia
- Mosaic via Wikipedia
- Marc Andreessen via Wikipedia
- Netscape Navigator via Wikipedia
- Spyglass Inc. via Wikipedia
- Internet Explorer via Wikipedia
- WebKit via Wikipedia
- Blink via Wikipedia
Follow us on Twitter @KopecExplains.
Find out more at http://kopec.live